Wednesday 4 July 2012

Landord and letting agents help 1 - Gas safety FAQ


Questions lead to answers on the Health and Safety Executive website here.
 

Who is a landlord?
 

What are my duties as a landlord in relation to gas safety?
 

What are my duties as a letting/ managing agent in relation to gas safety?
 

Do I have to use a CORGI-registered installer to complete gas work?
 

Should I provide my tenants with a carbon monoxide (CO) alarm?
 

What gas appliances do I have responsibilities for?
 

What checks should be done between tenancies?
 

How far do I need to go if the tenant prevents access for a gas safety check?
 

What should I do if my tenant’s heating and hot water has been switched off following a gas safety check or maintenance visit?

Can I keep the Landlord's Gas Safety Certificates electronically?
 

Can a room containing a gas appliance still be used as a bedroom?
 

I have LPG appliances in my properties, do they need to be checked?
 

What if I use a managing agent?
 

What if I have shared ownership of my property with another housing company?
 

What if I break the regulations?
 

How much will a landlord’s gas safety check cost?
 

What should I do if I smell gas or I am concerned about the safety of any gas appliances?
 

What support is available to help me understand my duties under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998?

No comments:

Post a Comment